Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Weekend #17 Recap!

Well weekend number 17 is in the books! It wasn't a terribly eventful weekend, BUT we did have fun!
 
Saturday Morning:
It was an early morning for me. Kinley decided to wake up at 6 stinking am. Don't babies understand what Saturday means!? No? Oh... Well, after she nursed, and I woke up, it was around 7:30. I decided why waste this precious time?? I tried to sneak out of the house to do some grocery shopping alone, but as soon as Kinley heard me getting ready, she was wide awake again. She normally takes a morning nap after her breakfast. Soooo little missy came along with me to the store. Lucky Daddy got to sleep in!
I grabbed a Starbucks and knocked out my shopping in under an hour. Kinley was perfectly content in her car seat in the basket. I think it's hilarious to see her practically buried under the groceries by the time I'm done shopping. (Why didn't I get a picture of her in the basket???) 

Saturday Afternoon:
I REALLY needed some new work clothes, so I drug the Mister out to Highland Village for a shopping adventure. There was a boutique that I really wanted to check out. We went to Apricot Lane, the aforementioned boutique, I tried on several things. I did end up purchasing one shirt but I was a little disappointed there weren't more things for me! I'm a curvy girl so their dresses just weren't cut for my body type. Whomp. Whomp. We did end up stopping into New York and Company, they are usually my go to for work clothes. I got a skirt, a dress, and 2 shirts!
On the way home we decided to stop by a huge home development in the area, Lantana. The homes vary in quality and price. We went into the show homes for the big boys! From $700k! You know, just dreaming of when we win the lotto and we can build a mega home. Ha! I really wish I could find the home listing to share with everyone. The kitchen was amaze-balls! Kinley was very fascinated by some of the light fixtures in the house!
After our shopping and home touring adventure we went home and took a much needed nap!
 
Saturday Night:
My lovely Mom was kind enough to keep Kinley for us so we could have a date night! It was nice to get out, just the two of us! We went to Wal-Mart, grabbed a $3 bottle of wine, and headed to Palio's pizza! They are BYOB. You know we keep it classy with the Lucky Duck wine! (Actually Lucky Duck is pretty awesome! The best cheap wine we've found!)
 
 
Sunday:
'Twas pretty uneventful. We had a wonderful lunch with my parents!
Smoked ribs and chicken thighs! YUM!
Actually, I say it was uneventful, BUT Kinley started showing signs of teething on Sunday afternoon. She was super fussy, tugging at her ear, drooling buckets, and gnawing on anything she could get her mouth around. I can't see any teeth nor can I feel any, but the symptoms couldn't be more classic. I REALLY didn't expect her to be teething this early, so it's been pretty rough on me. I just wasn't mentally prepared!
Since the teething has popped up I've been running around like a mad woman. I've gotten essential oils, the cold teething rings, and I've been searching for an amber necklace to no avail. Our local herbal store has some amber necklaces ordered and I can't wait for one to arrive. I've been really interested to see if these things are all they are cracked up to be. I will definitely keep everyone posted on that!
 
 
Man that was a long and wordy post!
 
I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment