Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Cheesy Sausage Biscuits {Brinner!}


Last week we had brinner! You know, brunch for dinner! Well I whipped up some Cheesy Sausage Biscuits and some prepackaged Lemon Poppyseed scones.

I started my Cheesy Sausage Biscuits with browning a pound of breakfast sausage. You could use any type of sausage to change up the final flavor! Since I was going for more of a breakfast type item, the regular sausage worked well for me.


Next, I took a plain can of biscuit dough, nothing fancy, and I split the biscuits in half. I then cupped the biscuit in my hand and filled with cheese and sausage!



After filling the biscuit I pinched the open part together! Originally I indented for the biscuits to bake on a flat cookie sheet, but they weren't sticking together very well. I improvised and stuck them open side up in a muffin tin! It actually worked perfectly! 


I let the biscuits cook for the time listed on the dough can. No need to worry about cooking the ingredients inside the biscuit since they were already cooked. After 14 minutes we had some delish and adorable little Cheesy Sausage Biscuits!


There are so many possibilities with the stuffing ingredients! I would love to add some peppers next time, and possibly some scrambled eggs! I also want to try these with a slightly less breakfasty approach. Possibly some spicy sausage with peppers, tomatoes, onions, and mozzarella cheese.

My bestie also made a variety of these sausage biscuits. We ended up having very different interpretations of the sausage biscuits, I think it is fun to see where we both ended up! Check out Amanda, her blog Tickled Pink, and her interpretation of the sausage biscuits!

XOXO
-Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment