Friday, August 15, 2014

Thing's I've Learned About Blogging

I thought it might be fun and informational to list some of the things I've learned as a new blogger. Joining the blogging community has had such a huge learning curve for me! I had absolutely no idea what all went into blogging!

PicMonkey
I'll admit. I probably need to use PicMonkey more frequently. Its an easy way to jazz up your photos and make them more visually pleasing. *Note to self on that little topic.*
Most successful bloggers frequently add things to their pictures for some visual interest.

Stats
I have absolutely LOVED learning more about my audience by taking a gander at my stats page. Below is an example of the types of information on the stats.
Its really interesting to me to think of each and every reader in different parts of the world and what may have led them to my blog? Shout out to each of you that frequently read my blog too! (I'm talking to you Poland!) I would LOVE to hear from you in the comments as to where you are located!
Based on my posts stats, my most popular post is about my experience with Endometriosis! I wouldn't have thought that my little ol' story would draw any attention. Since I'm so new to blogging I don't have many readers in general, but it is still interesting for me to look at. I also find it interesting that some posts that I was sure would be a big hit, have been a flop!

LinkUp's
This is something that I was completely oblivious to before I started blogging. I've read certain blogs religiously for several years now, but I hadn't paid much attention to the LinkUp parties. Basically someone 'hosts' the party, if you have a similar blog post topic, you can 'link' into their 'party' for an easy way to gain exposure. Lots of people look at the LinkUp parties to find new blogs to follow. In fact I've found several of my favorite blogs through LinkUp parties. If you participate in the LinkUp, be sure to have a catchy picture for your main picture in order to grab reader's attention.
Now, obviously I need to utilize the LinkUp parties more often, but I haven't really had the time, nor have I found the right niche for my blog. Yet.

Site Referrals
LinkUp parties definitely fall under site referrals, but my biggest site referral is from BlogLovin! Second runner up is Pinterest. I've heard some pretty amazing stories of the exposure that Pinterest can provide. Hopefully I can drive some more traffic to my blog through Pinterest!

I hope this post wasn't too dry for you! It's a lot of stats and analytical type items, but I think it will be fun to document where my blog is at in it's journey right now. I can't wait to look back in a year and see any progress!

I hope you all have a great weekend! We have SEVERAL fun things planned for the weekend, including a wedding shower hosted at our house for a dear friend! Can't wait!
 
XOXO
-Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment